Exciting things are on the environmental education horizon, and Maryland Green Schools are helping to blaze a trail to environmental literacy. The Maryland Green School Program is not static. Input and feedback from educators, students, and partners, as well as internal reviews are combined with the ever-changing external landscape of current events to guide updates and improvements to the Maryland Green School Program – while always maintaining program integrity, focus and intent.
To help keep you up to date, MAEOE is hosting two informational seminars and three webinars designed for you to:
* Find out what's new for Green Schools (MDGS) in 2011.
* Learn about innovative fund raising opportunities.*
* Get feedback from Maryland Green School experts.
* Tour MAEOE's Green Office Building (not included in webinar).
* As the umbrella organization for the environmental education community in Maryland, MAEOE works to break down barriers to the effective implementation of environmental education. These barriers take many forms. However, one of the most common challenges faced by educators is a lack of funding.
MAEOE believes that it has found an innovative way to raise funds to support increased professional development, field trips, and best management practices associated with Maryland Green School Program. This fundraising program, while new to Maryland, has been helping non-profit organizations and schools throughout Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. It has just become available to nonprofit organizations in Maryland, and has already been embraced by a number of nonprofit organizations such as Maryland Public Television, Towson University and of course, MAEOE. The best part – and there are many – of this program is that it requires little time commitment, yet can generate significant revenue. There is nothing to sell or track – and no grant forms/reports to prepare.
• Save a significant amount of money each month on their electricity! (The average customer will save $20 per month!)
• Significantly reduce their carbon footprint and therefore help the environment! (Use more renewable energy!)
• Stay with BGE or Pepco for repair, maintenance, and emergencies!
• Still just get one bill -- from BGE or Pepco!
Our Seminar Schedule:
Thursday, August 19th
1st Meeting: 10:00 AM
2nd Meeting: 2:00 PM
MAEOE Office located within the ENVIRO CENTER
7761 Waterloo Road
Jessup, MD 20794
Our Webinar Schedule:
Tuesday, August 24th
Time: 10:00 AM
Wednesday, August 25th
Time: 2:00 PM
Thursday, August 26th
Time: 5:00 PM
Please contact the MAEOE office at 443-733-1220 for information on how to register.