On Sunday, October 6, the Eastern Shore International Mountain Bike Association (ESIMBA) will host a youth mountain biking event. The ride is a part of a nationwide celebration known as “Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day”, supported by the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA). This year’s theme is “Take Mom Mountain Biking!”
ESIMBA welcomes ALL riders who want to enjoy a fun day on their bikes!
Here’s everything you need to know:
· Date: Sunday October 6,2013
· Time: Noon-2pm
· Event location: Lower Shore YMCA, 1900 Worcester Highway, Pocomoke
· Register in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
· Be sure to bring a bike ,helmet ,water bottle, gloves, snacks, and sun block
· Parents are welcome to ride too!
· A signed waiver is required to participate in riding
· There will be an obstacle course, Prizes, and Food
· Those interested can help work on a bike trail
Safe and environmentally friendly riding is important to us! ESIMBA members and volunteers will be on-hand to inspect bicycles and helmets for safety, to teach the ABC’s of riding a bike, and to promote responsible trail riding.
Coast Kids, the environmental education program of Assateague Coastal Trust (ACT) will be part of the 2013 Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day. In addition to the biking, Coast Kids invites you to learn what kind of critters live in the YMCA pond.
For more information on Coast Kids, please visit: www.actforbays.org/coastkids/
Visit ESIMBA on Facebook and at: www.esimba.org
For more information on this nationwide event visit: http://www.imba.com/resources/kids/index.html