See the full position announcement and learn how to apply: http://chesapeakestormwater.net/2014/01/paid-internship-announcement/
Join the Network and play a pivotal role in advancing sustainable stormwater, Low Impact Development and urban watershed restoration practices in the Chesapeake Bay through training, research and technical assistance.
Located in downtown historic Ellicott City, the Chesapeake Stormwater Network (CSN) is a small, nonprofit organization that works to promote more sustainable stormwater management in the Chesapeake Bay. We achieve this by:
- Administering the Chesapeake Bay Stormwater Training Partnership - a free stormwater training program for professionals throughout the Bay watershed
- Serving as the urban stormwater technical coordinator for the Chesapeake Bay Program
- Managing an interactive network of more than 4,000 stormwater professionals to align and integrate the efforts of thousands of individuals working on the stormwater problem across the Bay
Learn more about us at our website: http://www.chesapeakestormwater.net/about/
As a member of the CSN team you will be primarily working on tasks related to education and outreach. Examples of the duties of this position may include:
- Develop and deliver new field and classroom stormwater training programs for engineers, reviewers, inspectors and landscape contractors
- Assist in the advertising of and registration for CSN training events
- Develop, maintain and disseminate on-line training materials and resources to grow the 4,000 member CSN network
- Analyze, manage and help to grow our 4,000 member professional network
- Correspond with our network through email blasts and website management
A successful candidate will have the following skills or qualifications:
- Current pursuit of a degree at the advanced undergraduate or graduate level with course work relevant to geography and/or environmental studies. Record of academic achievement in chosen field of study.
- Experience in website design, application development, social media and database management.
- Experience in quantitative research methods, strong analytical skills, strong library & internet research skills.
- Facility with the MS Office software suite; experience using Excel to perform calculations and create tables, charts and graphs; experience using PowerPoint to create presentations.
- Strong skills in organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks and working independently while under the guidance and supervision of professional staff.
- Strong skills in written and oral communication.
- Ability to quickly master new information and communicate it to others.
- Interest in environmental and sustainability issues is a plus.
- Some knowledge of urban runoff and stormwater management practices is a plus.
- Capacity to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, government, private sector, and industrial officials, professional organizations, watershed groups and the public.
CSN is an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Time Commitment (approximate)
This is a part-time, position that will extend for four months. The candidate is expected to work 16 to 20 hours per week.
Learn how to apply: http://chesapeakestormwater.net/2014/01/paid-internship-announcement/